Saturday 18 January 2014

And then he smiled

I'm in what will become my local Wetherspoons if I go for the flat I saw yesterday, and, perhaps obviously from my previous post, I wasn't feeling all that chipper. Half an hour or so ago, though, a father and son, unless appearances are extremely deceptive, came in and took the table next to mine. The boy is an utter cutie, and, while 'Daddy' went to the bar, he was playing some or other game on a tablet. When he looked across and saw I was amusing myself in the same fashion, he smiled at me. And I felt 500 times better, instantly. Sad, I know, but truer than true.

1845 edit: He's gone now, as will I be in a few minutes. He smiled at me twice more, including when he was leaving. I can hardly describe how much better he made me feel than when I walked into this place.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

No comments:

Post a Comment