Monday 22 December 2014

And then there was one

K went off to the Midlands this morning, and will be away, in all probability, until after New Year - she's staying with her mum until the 27th, then going on to one, or maybe two friends' places in the same general part of the world. So, for the second time in three years, it's just me for the festive season, albeit partly by choice - I was invited to my brother's, but it wasn't really practicable, given that I'm on earlies on Saturday, and there are no trains on Boxing Day. I did most of my grocery shopping for the week this morning, and I've treated myself to a couple of nice things to live up to the usual seasonal indulgence, a nice bottle of fizzy stuff for Christmas Day, and some posh ice cream, to be specific. This is, of course, all assuming that my health holds up - I still feel like I'm teetering on the brink of not being well at all, the meds I'm swallowing just about seeming to keep it under control at the moment. Whether that will be the same after the two night shifts I have to do before my Christmas break remains to be seen.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. I hope you remain well, and I'm sorry you will be alone for Christmas. I will be too, in all likelihood, though an unexpected day with the boy today buoyed my mood considerably. He may also come over Christmas night for the night, and Friday. One hopes.

    I did some shopping yesterday. I got a nice ham, a potato, and some fixings to make the ham, a baked potato with butter, sour cream and chives, broccoli with cheese sauce, and rolls. I am making an apple cake with caramel icing for dessert. Oh, and wine to drink.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      I've gone 'trad' for Christmas Day - I'm actually having turkey, albeit a small breast joint rather than a full bird - I'd be eating it until about February otherwise! No dessert, though, apart from my posh ice cream - I'm not a sweet-toothed person. There will be wine, though - and beer as well! I hope you have a good one.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete