Sunday 21 December 2014

Cat mode

I've been asleep for something like 14 of the past 24 hours. Not because I've suddenly discovered my inner cat, though, but because I really haven't been well at all. I thought, this time yesterday, I was on the way to coming down with something really nasty - I had a headache, shivers, aches and pains, and a sore throat - but, after at least double the amount of sleep I would normally expect, and plying myself with assorted medication, I do finally feel somewhat better. I haven't been out today, though, but, at least, I should be able to cook the planned 'alternative Christmas' dinner for K and I in a while, before my girl heads off to her mum's tomorrow. I just hope the symptoms don't flare up again - even though I'm having a quiet, 'Christmas-free' festive season, I have no ambition to feel ill while I'm doing it.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. I have slept a lot more than I should have this weekend, but at least I feel almost rested. I have things to do next week, including lunch with the boy tomorrow - and delivering his Christmas gift (an Amateur Radio RF Engineering Handbook - 1000 pages of electronics - and an APRS tracker kit so he can learn soldering and kit building!). I am glad you're feeling better. I hope it doesn't flare up again!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      Another 24 hours on, and I'm still feeling pretty ropey - I've been out for most of this morning, partly to go with K to our nearest mainline station to buy her ticket to go to her mum's, and partly to do my Christmas grocery shopping, which I managed, but at the cost of feeling pretty ill again. At least I don't have to go to work for another 8 hours or so.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete