Friday 26 December 2014

Solitaire

After the pre-planned 'hone alone' day yesterday, I was hoping to get out and about today, given London's availability of Boxing Day public transport. In the event, though, I've ventured no further than 24 hours ago, because I woke up this morning feeling decidedly under the weather, a bit of a flare-up of the symptoms of last weekend. I think, overall, staying in has been for the best - after staying warm, swallowing meds and intermittently snoozing, I think - or at least hope - that the worst is past, and that I'll be fit to head back to work tomorrow morning. These past couple of days have been advantageous in another way, too - I've largely come to terms, I think, with the fact that once K has gone on her way, after her education is complete, I'll be on my own permanently, and, as I get older, I'll doubtless be less inclined to venture out as much as I do now, so that becoming used, or used once more, to my own company is a useful preparation for that situation. Gradually back away from the world, in so far as I'm involved with it now, which isn't, in all honesty, greatly, before the final, inevitable withdrawal.

Love & best wishes to all
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Or, you can find something to do out there and have some fun! Especially when the responsibilities melt away! Buy (or hire) a narrow boat, get a motorcyle, anything!

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      What, exactly, happens remains to be seen. But fun? That didn't even happen when I was a kid, in any way I can recall, so the chances of it happening as a geriatric aren't, on the whole, that great.

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete