Saturday 27 December 2014

Winterish

It's been pretty damn chilly today (by the standards I'm used to, of course!), not exactly what I would've chosen to mark my return to getting up at stupid o'clock after a few weeks when early shifts have been. mostly, conspicuous by their absence for me. At least it didn't snow, unlike many other parts of the country - my ex rang to let me know K had moved on to her next port of call this morning, and described having to shift quite a bit of snow from the car before she could give my girl a lift to the station. And welcome to it, as far as I'm concerned - as I say every winter, if I never see another snowflake in my life, it will be a day too soon!

Love & best wishes
Sammy B

2 comments:

  1. Send all that snow over here to me! I might learn to hate it later in life, but right now, I LOVE IT! HAHAHAHAA

    Glad K is off to her next adventure! It's so cool that she moves about an entire country by train the way teens over here move about a county by car. What a difference in culture.

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Jay
      As far as I'm concerned, you're more than welcome to our snow - if I had the means to send it, it would undoubtedly be sent! It is, if anything, actually getting colder, but it's clear and cold, so it's frost and ice I'll need to look out for as my 'stupid o'clock' week progresses, rather than snow.
      K's almost 17 now - it's only around six weeks until her birthday - and far closer to being an adult than a child, so I, certainly, have no qualms about her independent travel. I still like her to let me know she's arrived safely, as, indeed, she did yesterday, but, beyond that, I don't see any great reason to tie her down. And, statistically, travelling by train means that she's far safer than if she was driving, so that's another bonus!

      Love & best wishes
      Sammy B

      Delete